How Do I Know Which Treatment Option is Right for Me?
When we’re ready to tackle the physical, mental and spiritual weights that have been holding us back alongside addiction, we find ourselves at a crossroads with many directions to take. It can seem like an overwhelming process at first, especially if we don’t know where to begin. We’re already determined but nervous about taking this first step towards happier and healthier living, but how do we get there? If this is where you’re at right now in your recovery journey, don’t be alarmed – you’re not alone. With so many different treatment options, it’s natural to feel apprehensive about making that first move. Here, we’re going to explore some of your needs to determine what type of treatment may be most appropriate for you.
First, every person in addiction recovery should ensure the treatment they receive is being customized to fit their needs. We all have different histories and genetic makeups, which means that we all require different elements of recovery in order to create the most conducive program for our recovery. Take into consideration some of your unique needs, such as:
· Environment – will you struggle with triggers back at home, or would it be more beneficial for you to temporarily live in a setting with structure and support?
· Support – who can you rely on during this time?
· Time and commitment – will you be able to dive into your treatment program 24/7, or will you need something that is more part–time or able to work around a busy schedule?
· Comfortability– how important is comfortability to you? Would you prefer to be in a beautiful place that could be considered your “home away from home”?
· Health – what is your current health like? Does your substance abuse reflect the need for more intensive treatment?
The great news is that when you inquire with a treatment center, you’ll be able to complete an assessment as well as an intake interview to learn more about the center and to hear of their suggestions for moving forward. The recovery process isn’t meant to isolate you – it’s meant to guide you along the path that will benefit you most.
If you’re ready to begin your journey towards restoration of the mind, body and spirit, speak with a professional from a reputable treatment center today.
The mission of The Beach House is to provide success in the recovery process and elevate the standard of comprehensive addiction treatment. Located right on the coast of Malibu, California, expert clinical care and a holistic view of the recovery process is provided to ensure Best-in-Class treatment tailored to the needs of each client. If you’re ready to start your recovery journey today, call us at 310-924-0780.
Saving Lives; Healing Families.